And finally... the 8th wonder!!!

Its simple. Try calling up ur friends (working in software firms, ofcourse) for a movie anyday. (yes, be it a weekend too). Suprisingly, everyone says "yes" to the movie idea at the get-go. Try "executing" the plan - it just never happens. Atleast one of them has to save "Planet Earth" from sinking and so, would have to stay back to some write panic-stricken C code ( No wonder Planet Earth goes down faster due to this last minute "fix") !

Well, being new to the staying-away-from-home-carefree-bachelor-in-India lifestyle, I always take such initiatives to pull people to the cinema! I just tried calling "three" people et voici les reponses :

Character A : Hey.. We've planned for a movie thrice and not once have we made it. We have to go today. Its been too long ( read as three days back) since I saw the last film. Weekends, I go home ( and watch movies there too). I LOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVEEEE telugu flicks (athadu, okadu, eedu, vaadu, , maavaadu, e-naadu, ....). I have malaria; but still I want to watch a movie. I am taking medicines now for malaria. If you don't take me to the movie, I shall consume all the pesticides and insecticides to kill all the mosquitoes in me !

Character B : What do u think, huh? I am the Assistant Manager at XXX and I am also an MBA grad. How dare you intimate me just 48 hours in advance about the movie? Do you know what planning is? (a list of management jargons follow).
Summary : I have to buy Pizzas for my dear developers working late (feed junk to those who do junk :-) ) and while they slog, I have to be on phone with my guy !!!

Well, apparently, this character has forgotten that most of us do read "Dilbert" and know what most Managers and Assistant managers do ;)

Character C : Movies and me? Too boring and am too lazy too, you know. I am too busy and I work on multiple projects. I am tensed, stressed. Things are not working; i have a demo tomorrow. I want to work; but I don't want to work too.
Me : Fine, up to you. Please finish your work.
Character C : How dare you NOT force me and assume that I'll NOT come. How dare you think I am a spoilsport. ( some expletives follow). I shall not come to any movie from "next" time on, but for this one, I WILL, even if I am NOT invited.

So very simple to use a "show-sympathy-and-ask-not-to-come" strategy on this character.
I finally did manage to pull these three variegated characters to "Maine Gandhi ko Nahin Maara". A different Hindi flick worth watching once. The second half is not so good though.
Btw, no prizes for guessing the three characters :) :)