Allez, Les Bleus!

Oh well! For once, my 'oracl(e)ular' predictions turned out to be true. Thierry did disprove 'theory' and how well did Zizou complement him !!!!

We were a bunch of 5-6 watching, all but me backing Brazil. No wonder the 'result' had a bad impact on them. So, I had to cut down on the ephiphany as celebrating the victory 'loud' would have only elicited a 'brawl' in my 'hall':)))

All said and done, for me, it was like watching India defeat Australia in a cricket world cup quarter-finals. So, even if India were to lose the next match, it still wouldn't matter. David slaying Goliath is always a treat to watch :)) Heard from a friend in Fonty that there was a wild revelry on the streets after the victory. Hmm.. I missed it !!!

Now they move on to meet Portugal, one of the four semi-finalists who least deserve to be in the last four; thanks to a listless England always 'paying (and not playing) the penalty':)). Germany now play the Rahul Dravid of football (the Italian WALL of defense). Nice set-up this time compared to last time where the two minnows (South Korea and Turkey) made the semis very boring and one-sided.

So, I bet on France/Germany showdown - anybody with me ?? :)
And my slogan for the next few days - 'Allez, Les Bleus'