Size does matter!

For people who are letting their thoughts run wild, I am talking about the size of books here ! I am not really the 'novel' guy - don't read too many novels. Probably reading novels was never really my cup of tea. Used to read Enid Blyton as a child - but thats about it.

So, just a couple of years back - my ex-roomate promised me that I would start loving reading if I read a few books that he suggested. Will - start I did with a few 'tiny' (or should I say minute) ones - Love Story, Animal Farm, Chronicles of a Death Foretold to mention a few. All these were good.

I guess am scared by the sight of a 'big' novel. The sheer volume repels me. Of course, like any one else - read Da Vinci Code - though it was big. Didn't like this book so much but for the pace and the data. Moved on to 'Angels and Demons' - this was easily my favourite. So, that kindled me to read the remaining two Dan Brown thrillers - both of them were really bad!

So, I thought I was getting over this phobia for big novels - not to be so. I am stuck up with a copy of Kate Mosse's Labyrinth. Apparently - this book is also a nerve gripping Grail thriller set in ancient locations betn France, Andorra and Spain. I read the first 50 pages just to re-read the same 50 pages after 2 months. Now, I guess I have to search for the book in my attic.

I guess I prefer watching 'movies'(of novels/epics) to reading them. Book fanatics would scourge me for that blasphemous statement, but I guess, I could put in two hours and watch it 'thru' rather than read thru' the same pages time and again. One of my friends told me that I should read 'Lord of the Rings' rather than watch it. The movie, inclusive of all parts, was 9 hours. I guess I would have to read the book my entire life to finish it :-)

Talk about 'To Kill a mocking bird' (considered the best book of the century by many) - One of my good friends gifted it to me on my last b'day - Last I remember was reading the the 100th page 200 days back :-). So, if someone has a DVD copy of the movie - please let me know!