Hyd 10k run

First time ever, I participated in the Hyd 10k run. Was quiet good. Ran 7. Walked 3. May be next time, I can run all 10 at a stretch.

Apparently, there were a lot of people (arnd 10k, I guess) who had registered; but Sunday morning at 7, their beds attracted them more than the run. So, the papers estimated the 'runners' to be arnd 2-3k. Not a huge number - most of the crowd being corporates with their huge banners.

Well, we had the star glitz cheering us and kick starting the event. The run was arnd the lake - never realised that the lake was so big. I am never used to running for 10k at stretch, so obviously had to take breaks after 3 kms or so. I play squash for hours together - there never is a problem, but running is definitely not my cup of tea. Two of my colleagues had to slow down because of me; finally asked them not to wait for me !I think that even most of the half marathon runners(21k run) finished much ahead of me :-)

Of course, threw up my usual tantrums of pains in the joints (visible signs of 'aging' out). That would last for a while !

Watched the much hyped D:2 later in the evening. Digusting is my verdict and fictional farce is the buzzword.