A no-snooze alarm


Its 00h00 in the nite and the alarm rings. I try to "snooze". Oops! No snooze button. The alarm tempo increases...

Oh yeah. Now, I remember this reminder. Indeed!! Its the day when I am EXPLICITLY reminded that I am getting "old" :-(((((((((((((

I wake up to see a star-spangled cake with a "few" (read as infinitesimal) candles on them.

"Joyeux Anniversaire" , says the delicious cake :-)

You cut the cake while others sing the age++ tune. Next min, the cake is ransacked :-)

Luckily, since the guy/gal ratio is at a record low, I am spared of the usual b'day bumps.

A relatively serene and non-violent session follows in which I am asked to walk them thru' my past year. Easy getting thru' this one.

Then, ofcourse, its "gifts" time. Since I vehemently spoke ( before my b'day) about a book I wanted, I get the same (no wonder :p). This trick really does work, huh :-)

A few phone calls and mails follow all trying to confirm if I would be 16 or 17 NEXT year ! Suprisingly, even my friends be it nappy-laden ones running behind their kids or be it the ones running behind their spouses manage to find time to call or mail :-))

A yearly reminder, but still a sweet one :-)

Btw, for all my dear ones who forgot about this, please note that I do "accept" belated b'day wishes. No cake left though !