Thanks to thanksgiving!


Thanks to thanksgiving in the US, software folks in India had a relatively "trouble-free" week.

Friday - people rushed home in the afternoon to watch the "India - SA" fourth one dayer. End Result - "Oh man! Did I come home early to watch THIS match ??. I should have really stayed back at work " (no wonder after witnessing a 10 wicket defeat)

Two things are discussed predominantly these days during coffee / lunch breaks. Both not being about pay hikes or bonuses or whatever :-)

a. About ganguly / chappell/indian team / sachin's form. (tautology, this one :p )

b. About the mirza / suhasini / kushboo issue. (eeks! The goverment would go thus far to remove "freedom of speech", thanks to dirty politics )


People discuss these things so "vehemently" that sometimes, you just cannot hold your laugter :-). Thanks to the media for blowing things out of proportion, as always. Nonetheless, I enjoy these discussions as the silent spectator and break out of the break-out rooms, now and then, to laugh it all out :-)

Oh yes ! I watched "Harry Potter / Goblet of Fire" in an iMaX theatre. Contrary to what the palakkadiyer had to say, I really didn't like this one. I haven't read the book, but if "What I saw is what I would get" if I were to read the book, I really wouldn't bother to read this one.

Talking about Harry Potter, I saw Mr. Hari Potter on one of the "Tantra t-shirts" with "Hari" doing a bit of "pottery". Most of you should have seen this one; I liked this one though :-)