Midnight lunch !


One of my friends had come down from France for a vacation. Having put up with him in dear old Fleury for two full years in bohemian Fonty, I had no choice but to hang out with him :-))

We roamed arnd the usual Hyd central area, followed by the usual sacred visit to the Prasadz multiplex. All went well. He bid me "au revoir" and left. As I was about to retire arnd midnight, I get a call from the f(r)iend.

"Man, I am stuck. No place to stay. Come and pick me up".

He was a "mere" 20 kms from where I stayed. Met him half way thru. Was 00h30 then.

"Lets head to Taj Krishna" was what came next.

I was in my nightwear. Since embarassement was a word which I encountered more in life than in the dictionary, I acceded to the request.

We were welcomed by the rather baffled secutiry guard outside. Waded our way into the restaurant. Luckily, there was a "midnight" menu though be it past 00h00 :-)

"I need tender coconut water" - my ex-roomate rocked.
The flabbergasted waiter got two of them. :-)

"Maintenant, on doit parler qu'en francais" - He now insists that we talk ONLY in french.

We were VEHEMENTLY dicussing french politics in our "bad" (read as really bad) french (with frequent "oh la la"s and "voila"s in between) as the others in blazers and suits watched us.

Arnd 03h00, there were malicious mis-interpretations one too many that we decided to call it off and headed back to my place.

And now, we know why "rendezvous" is a "french" word :-)