Whats with the sneaker????

In IT firms in India with no formal dress code, I guess you should have seen most of the 'software' pros coming to work with sneakers !!!!!!.. You sneak up a lil' more and there you see the hiding white sock! :-)

Well, whats indeed with the sneaker??? People call it 'fashion' and make it their 'passion'. Probably, most of them have forgotten the fact that sneakers are worn only while you work-out or play. And this 'passion'( I term it disease) is catching up with women as well. Probably, there is a misconception on the difference betn a 'shoe' and a 'sneaker'. A good formal shirt and a great trouser. Oh no! just look below - its a white and shiny 'sneaker' :)). No wonder 'adidas' and 'reebok' have started manufacturing exclusively for corporates :p. A very 'American' and 'cool' thing is what I heard from some people :p :p :p I used to wear it on a few occasions as well. Realised when I was in France how uncouth that could be :p :P.

About the white 'socks', here is an anecdote :
I was attending this executive program taken by an ex-Harvard prof.
He was talking about some one and he went
"Guess wot, he was a geek, he was wearing white socks"!!!! .
Need I say more!!! :-) That should tell you something about white socks :-)