Travelling deeeeeeeeep down!


Travelling down south wasn't as easy as I had thought it to be. Touched all the four southern states in a span on 24 hours ( all in a bus) and realised how tough that could be. From Hyd to B'lore to Mysore to Coimbatore and finally to Palakkad to attend my best pal's wedding. After a tiring 24 journey, I get off the bus in Coimbtore, head to a shop to buy a bottle of water and ask the shop-owner something in (my bad and sad) Hindi.

My wingie : "Dude, wake up, u are in TamilNadu; u may want to speak in Tamil and not confuse the poor bloke". So, that should sum up the journey.

Wedding are always wonderful if you have a gang to bitch, rant and rave about things and thats exactly what we had in store there. Wingies, their spouses, moms, dads and our never ending disucssions - soothing to the ears as always ;). Even a slightly coy wingie's spouse got into our 'wingie talks' and was in full flow:)
Ofcourse, in some corners, you see the old ladies completing their mission - exchanging their kids' horoscopes stealthily with the others while, in a not-so-furtive manner, my wingies (I hope only the bachelor ones) continue their ogling as well. No luck as always :-)

Talk about god's own country and talk about food. The 'ada pradhaman' is something one will ever forget. Mallu food was great. Palakkad is pretty serene, traditional and beautiful. We went to the Malampuzha dam nearby and that was pretty good.

Well, thought return would be peaceful. Not to be so; blame it on lady luck. Our train was stranded in the middle of nowhere due to some god forsaken derailment. So, yet again 'bus journeys' stood betn me and my destinations. Was supposed to reach Chennai at 6 in the morning. Reached at 5 in the evening all in the sweltering heat of 43 deg :-) Started again in a couple of hours (in a bus again). A normally useless telugu flick was screened as usual and thats when I realised - "Oh boy! back to Hyd and back to boredom!!!"