Whats in a name?

No rhetoric this. Having a relatively 'long' name with my first and last names all mixed up, I always have trouble telling people my 'correct identity'. People only end up getting more confused. To compund matters, my passport just all the three names as my first name (no surname specified) leaving the immigrant official with flabbergasted looks.

Having said that, I still enjoy the incongruity in my name. My 'dear ones' faction-out by the way they call me; rather a way for me to secern who the 'caller' is !!!!!!

'Good'
Hello DM : Wow! a sweet old dear school pal.
Hello Murali : Thats from someone in the family! :)
Hello Damak/Damuk/Dhamak : someone from the BITSian fraternity. Will be a LONG call :)

'Bad'
Hello Krishna : Oh nooooo!!!! call from someone at work. do I have to take this call???

'Ugly'
Monsieur Devadas : God damn! should be some tax or insurance bloke from France. No way I am taking this one :p :p

Furthermore, many people assume that I hail from Andhra Pradesh as 'Krishna' (think one of Cheiros books came into play for the 'n' to be removed) is more typically telegu than the more tamilian 'Krishnan'. One of my managers at work was so suprised when he heard me talk in Tamil and even more puzzled when I told him that I was from Chennai :)

Well, read 'Freakonomics' and the 'freakonomisitic' analysis goes on to 'predict' what the possible 'most popular' girl/boy names would be in 2015 !!!Hmm and I was always thinking 'whats in a name'!!!!!!!!!!!!. Gazette - here I come!