Good FrYday(s)


Good friday and so, a long weekend. So, yet another break from work, albeit in the hot and scorching weather. Was supposed to leave on vacation on Wednesday nite - however - wednesday was a 'bandh' at Hyderadad for no reason. It was a bandh - but then, all life was normal except the plying of the APSRTC buses ( which anyday, I wouldn't dare to get into ) :p :p So, essentially had a two day workweek !!!

Got a mail from one of my friends with the subject as 'status change'! Well, I had assumed on seeing the subject that he had mistakenly sent one of his official mails to me. Was wrong. A 'small RIGHT' shift in his life from being a confused bachelor to a sincerely committed bloke. Good news indeed!

Have to vacate my flat as my flatmate is heading to the US. So, the painful househunt begins (all at 40 deg :((). How much do I hate this ! Have to wear a talisman, I suppose, to get one in a single day. The chances are you getting hit by a meteor are higher than the probability of you finding a good house with low rents at Hyd.

A fifteen hour train journey beckons as I head back to Hyd. I normally do enjoy train journeys but with the very thought of a 3-day backlog at work, I guess this time arnd, my journey wont be as sweet :p :p

The train journey was not all well. Had to board my first train at 5pm, presuming it would reach well in time for the next one. Not to be so - the first one came in an hour late and reached an hour late. I was assuming I had the missed the connecting train. Long live Indian Railways - the second train was 30 mins late(I don't call this luck by any stretch of imagination :p :p) - so, just managed to board it in time !